Norwegian - Feb 23, 2017 11:00 GMT
Low-cost airline announces 10 new routes and 38 weekly transatlantic flights from Edinburgh, Belfast, Cork, Shannon and Dublin to greater New York, Boston and New England areas
Low-cost airline Norwegian today announced a series of groundbreaking new transatlantic flights from 5 cities in the UK and Ireland, offering passengers low-cost travel to the USA from just £69/€69.
In total, Norwegian will launch 10 new routes with 38 new weekly transatlantic flights this summer from Edinburgh, Belfast, Cork, Shannon and Dublin.
The flights will serve three destinations on the US east coast, with a focus on smaller US airports – these airports offer good access into the New York, Boston and New England areas but carry significantly lower landing charges,
allowing Norwegian to offer some truly affordable fares that will allow as many people as possible to fly.
The new transatlantic routes will be operated on brand new Boeing 737 MAX aircraft - Norwegian is the European launch customer for this state-of-the-art new aircraft which offers a longer range and greater seat capacity than existing single-aisle aircraft. Passengers will be able to travel in a fresh and modern single-class economy cabin with hot and cold food options available to purchase onboard.
• The only direct transatlantic flights from Belfast, with fares from £69. From 1st July 2017, Norwegian will launch direct services from Belfast International to two US airports - Stewart International Airport and Providence Airport - offering connections to New York City, New England and Boston. Fares on Belfast’s only direct transatlantic flights start from £69 one way.
• The first ever transatlantic flights from Cork, and new US routes from Dublin and Shannon, with fares from €69. From 1st July, Norwegian will the first ever transatlantic flights from Cork with a service to Providence Airport, together with new US routes from Shannon and Dublin to Stewart International Airport and Providence. Fares start from €69 one way.
Norwegian is Europe’s third largest low-cost carrier, carrying 30 million yearly passengers to more than 140 global destinations. Norwegian has been voted the Best Low-Cost Long-Haul Airline for two consecutive years at the renowned SkyTrax Awards, and the Europe’s Best Low-Cost Airline for four consecutive years.
New route and flight information:
Belfast – five transatlantic flights per week from £69:
• Stewart Intl (New York) – 3x weekly flights (Tues, Thurs, Sat). Depart Belfast Intl at 16:20, arrive Stewart 19:05
• Providence (greater Boston) – 2x weekly flights (Tues, Sat). Flights depart Belfast Intl at 15:45, arrive Providence 18:20
Cork – three transatlantic flights per week from €69:
• Providence (greater Boston) – 3x weekly flights (Tues, Thurs, Sat). Depart Cork 16:20, arrive Providence 19:05
Shannon – four transatlantic flights per week from €69:
• Stewart Intl (New York) – 2x weekly flights (Wed, Sun).
• Providence (greater Boston) – 2x weekly flights (Mon, Fri).
Dublin – 12 transatlantic flights per week from €69:
• Stewart Intl (New York) – daily flights, depart Dublin at 16:00, arrive Stewart at 19:00 (flights on Tues, Wed depart at 15:55, flights on Thurs, Fri depart at 15:45)
• Providence (greater Boston) – 5x weekly flights (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun). Depart Dublin at 15:45, arrives Providence 18:35
Stay tuned to our facebook page for great Multi Centre options coming soon